Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Let's Shell-ebrate!



Hi, there!

It's been a little while since posting here on the blog.  I had a busy week last week with fun celebrations.  We met up with our son and had lunch with him on the 4th.  Two days later we went to my sister's cottage to celebrate two birthdays for my sisters.  There was no beach to speak of since the water level is very high.  A NE wind didn't help things either.  But, we didn't need the beach to have fun.  It was very relaxing and a great time.  So much fun that we forgot to take a photo of all us sisters.  Oh, well...next time!  Just a couple photos from the day...

My sis, Cecilia

My sis, Christina

Brother-in-law, Ron
Husband, Randy

Ok, well, I do have a card to share with you that I made a while back.  I believe it fits the current color challenge over at MFT.  And, I'm getting it in just under the wire.  And, here is my card...



For my card, I started with a white card base and paired it with a distress inked background for the sky.  I just love turtles.  When we were young, we had a couple turtles.  My Mom was a farm gal and let us have about any animal when we were young except for a pony.  What little girl doesn't want a pony?  It was ok with me, but my little sis, Christina, wanted one so bad...lol!  Anyways, I love creating scenes and the turtle with the little bird is just so darn cute.  And, I think the sentiment is too fun!  All stamps and dies are from MFT.

Another view of my card...



Ok, well that's all for now until the weekend.  Take good care and thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!

Hugs,
Maria

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet card, Maria! Moments spent with family are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time! Such a fun and cheerful summery card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable card, Maria! I have that sun die & have yet to use it. Looks like a great time with your family--fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED seeing your sisters and the Ohio State corn hole! CUTE card with the turtle and the story to match!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgosh, what a cute card! Love those little critters and your fun and happy scene!
    Sounds like you all have been having such a fabulous time! So nice to be able to get together with family!

    ReplyDelete