Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Happy Birthday!




Hi, Friends!

I'd like to share with you a card I made for a friend's birthday using a stamp set that was gifted to me by Kara(Bright Hope Creations).  I received this at the craft retreat that I went to in October.  I met several wonderful gals, so fun!  I'm entering this card over at Seize the Birthday



For my card, I started with an aqua card base and paired it with a die cut panel using a die from Mama Elephant.  The next panel under the typewriter is from MFT.  The typewriter image and sentiment is from Sugar Pea.  The image was colored with copics and twine to finish the card.

A view of the inside of the card...


The inside sentiment is from Sugar Pea, also.  The scalloped frame is from Paper Sweeties.  And, the cake and balloons are from Lawn Fawn.  I have to say that I was quite surprised using products from several different companies.  I need to do that more while crafting...use those supplies!

Anyways, I hope your new year is starting off well.  Things here are status quo.  My husband is back to work and his knee is getting better with each new day.  I have lots of cleaning and organizing to do here, but can't seem to push myself that far yet.  Yes, you guessed it...I'd rather craft, lol!  But, I'm sure I'll get to it.  Ok, that's all for now, friends.  Take good care and thanks so much for dropping by today!

Hugs!






12 comments:

  1. Hi Maria! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such kind words. I have a feeling we could be good friends! Stamping has a way of bringing friends together. This fun birthday card could not be any cuter. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, I LOVE your card! Did you see that I used that same stamp for my card on this post? What a hoot, two greats minds and all that, right? I love your bright colors and design you thought up! AWESOME card! thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday with us!! Happy New Year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours and the card design! Love how you decorated the inside, too. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, aqua and red and white. Isn't that the best color combo? I just love how you used it for this darling card, Maria! I'm bookmarking it because I love the design and as a reminder to at least try once in a while to put a little effort into the insides of my cards! You are inspiring!! Wish we lived closer. I love cleaning and organizing so I would come over and help you!! So glad hubby's knee is healing well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a sweet little birthday card! It reminds me of the days when I worked in an office and pounded on one of those manual typewriters for a job! LOL Great design and colors, and I'm glad your hubby's knee is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely! Once again the inside hold a beautiful surprise too. Glad all is well and you just keep crafting ... everything else can wait Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I left a comment here, but I don’t see it. This is just adorable. And you just reminded me I need to use my set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know which is cuter, the inside or the outside. I love the color combo and this is a perfect card for anyone any age. Bless that Kara. It's good to hear your hubby's knee is coming right along and he is back to work. I'm also glad to hear you have your priorities straight - craft, then clean and organize. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. |Really love the modern colour scheme and design - this is great. I've noticed typewriter images having a resurgence - I know I have some , so must use...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card and love the colour combination and the inside too. So glad DH knee is on the mend x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a darling card, inside and out! I'm glad you like the stamp set and I was so pleased to see you use it! I love your color combination and fantastic design right down to the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just darling, Maria! Love how you colored the typewriter!

    ReplyDelete