Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Happy Birthday!

I'm popping in quick to share with you a card I made for a friend's birthday.  I used an MFT die and went to work with some stitching!  I think it made for a cute summery sweet card.  I wanted to make it bright and fun because that certainly defines her!  Ok, here is my card and I'm entering it over at Simon Says.


The sentiment is from Paper Sweeties.  Looking at this strawberry makes me want to make another strawberry pie, yum!  Over the weekend, I made a lemon cream pie and it was a keeper.  I'll be making another one some time for sure!  I told my hubby that I was going to slow down on making treats, but with the 4th of July weekend I just felt like baking!  I hope you all in the USA had a wonderful 4th!

Next up, is a card that I made for some dear friends who recently celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary...


The heart doily die is from Paper Sweeties.  The number dies are from Crafter's Companion.

The scallop panel was die cut using a Mama Elephant die.  The die banner, sentiment, and hearts are from Paper Sweeties.  Gems from Ink Road to finish the card.

Ok, that's all for now.  I'm sending warm virtual hugs out to you all...hugssss!  I hope you're hanging in there and crafting your worries away.  I for one am staying in with some crafting and staying out of the heat...whew...so hot here!  Take care and thanks so much for dropping by today!

Hugs!











10 comments:

  1. Love that strawberry and that sentiment is perfect! The anniversary card is lovely and would make a beautiful wedding card too without the numbers. Very creative on the inside too. It is hot here too with humidity. We had a bad thunderstorm here yesterday with hail! Hail in July - is that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stitched tag is over the top cuteness!! Love the tiny heart at the bottom too! A gorgeous anniversary card as well and I'm loving all the golden colors! Nice work on both beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are stunner Maria! Love the stitched strawberry and your anniversary card couldn't be more perfect for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both cards, Maria! I'm in the middle of a stitched BD card & you've reminded me to get back to it or it'll be late. The stitched strawberry is so cute! What a sweet anniversary card--love that heart! I need to get one for a 50th anniversary made, so think I may use a heart die I have for the focal point. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thank you, Maria! It certainly is bright and fun ~ and beautifully made! Thank you, again! And I love the anniversary card! You just can't beat the elegance of gold and white. I love the little lovebirds and doily and even the inside is so pretty! They will put this with their treasured keepsakes!! Glad you are staying inside, safe, and cool! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards, I can't chooses between them but I do love to see cross stitch on cards and the thought of your pies makes my mouth water xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful cards, Maria! I love your stitched strawberry - so fun! Great sparkle and shine on your 30th anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are wonderful and so very thoughtful. Extra loving the fabulous stitched one x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable stitched strawberry card! I’ve been meaning to give it a try one of these days... then again I’ve been saying that for yea4s now. 😂 The anniversary card is so classy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous pair of cards, Maria! I love how different they are and how wonderful the stitching looks on the first card. The second card truly matches the occasion - so celebratory!
    Hope you are well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete