Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Happy Birthday!





Just popping in to share with you a card I made for my sister's birthday.  She loves flamingos!  Nearly everything pink on this card.  She loves bling, so I added some gems from Ink Road.  The flamingos are from MFT.  The stencil is from Pretty Pink Posh, and the sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.  I stenciled the envelope, too.  I'm entering this card over at Seize the Birthday

More bling for my sis with a sparkly flamingo pouch.  I hope she likes it!



Not much else going on here.  I'm trying to finish up design team assignments for next month before my husband retires.  I'll continue on the design teams and see how it goes for now.  He retires on August 3rd.  We were hoping to do more travelling, but with the current pandemic going on things are not "normal".  Anyways, time will tell and maybe next year we will be able to get out and do more.  In the meantime, I'm not sure what his being at home will do for my creative process.  I may lose my mojo, lol.  Any tips or pointers you can give me for when your spouse retired?  I told him that there will be rules.  And, the ornery ole guy says...."Rules are made to be broken"...ha!

Ok, over and out for now, my crafty friends!  Take good care, stay safe, and stay crafty!

Big Hugs!



11 comments:

  1. what a beautiful card, Maria - love all that monochromatic pink with those cute flamingos - i have a friend who wants a flamingo card - think this will be my inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty In pink!... perfect for your flamingo-loving sister. The sparkly flamingo is a fun touch. I’m sure she’ll love all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all the pink color on your sister's birthday card, and those flamingos are fun! Great envelope design and a beautiful pouch too! Your sister is blessed with all the love you put into making her favorite things! Congrats on your hubby's retirement too, hopefully sooner than later we can get back to a sense of normal living again to be enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Maria, this is stunning. So soft and pretty and the dimension of the flamingo's is awesome. She will love not only the card but the pouch is so pretty and blingy. If you don't get to travel right away if hubby has a hobby like fishing, golf wood working or yard work you can craft while he does that. Then you can spend time together too. If I was trying to clean house Bill would say "do you have to do that now". "Sit down and watch TV with me". But he did go to the golf course every day so I had my time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Maria! This card is fabulous! Your sister is going to adore it! As for your hubby retiring. Best of luck! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday and I am just tickled you put our badge in your post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful flamingo card. It is so pretty and perfectly girly and a real stunner. A shiny and beautiful flamingo purse too x. Good luck with DH retirement!!!! x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness--can just see your sister's face when she gets the bag & card! You've outdone yourself, Maria! I can't give advice, since hubby retired first at our house--haha! Imagine he was thinking "now I can't do whatever I want all day!" Luckily, he's the main one for outdoor chores, so often I'm crafting then. Plus, my craft table is basically in the same room where he watches TV, so I can just look up if there's something he wants me to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm working backwards Maria... Love this card and your sister will be thrilled with both the card and the pouch! Hubby retiring? Well, good luck... My DH ran his own company and when he retired he tried to run this one... No chance! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria, this card is fabulous...LOVE your background and those flamingos are so adorable. Your sister will adore this card and her little pouch purse too! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great pink flamingo card ... flamboyant and fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful things to celebrate your sister's birthday!

    ReplyDelete