Sunday, March 6, 2022

#cardsforukraine

Hi, Friends!

I popping in quick to share with you a card I made in support for the country of Ukraine.  I've seen so many beautiful cards in blue and yellow.  I continue to pray for peace.  I can only hope and pray that they stay strong and that peace comes to this country soon.  I'm entering this card over at Color Hues Challenge.

I decided to do some water coloring since I haven't done any in quite awhile.  I used my zig markers on a lovely image from Altenew.



I started with a die cut panel using a die from The Greetery.  The image was stamped in gray onto the water color paper.  As I stated above, I used zig markers to water color.  The sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy.  

I had a fun day yesterday with friends making cards.  I got quite a few Easter cards made.  Great food, sharing ideas, and laughs.  A day that I needed to refresh my crafty soul, so fun!  

Well, laundry is calling, so I am going to scoot for now.  Thanks so much for dropping by!  Take care and have a wonderful evening!  

Hugs!
Maria

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Maria! and thank you for my birthday card! It arrived on the day!! It is beautiful! I love your flower bouquet above...I am praying too. so sad what is going on in the world. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gentle colours and how you coloured them on your beautiful card and what a fabulous tribute to the courageous people of Ukraine x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Maria! I love your beautiful bouquet! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria your card with the lovely bouquet is just so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues this challenge. Hope you are keeping well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bouquet and beautifully watercoloured!
    Standing with Ukraine 🇺🇦

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card and so inspiring with the thoughts behind your making it! The coloring looks wonderful! So glad you had fun with your crafty pals - it's been quite some time since I've been able to do anything fun like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous stamp and you did it justice with such beautiful water coloring. This is such a sad, unnecessary time for Ukraine and my heart is with them. It's great to have a crafty day with friends and I'm jealous. It's been so long since I was able to craft with anyone. My SU gal hasn't had classes for several years now and I miss getting together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great to have a crafty day with friends! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous bouquet of tulips! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete