Saturday, March 12, 2022

#cardsforukraine

Hi, Friends!

I'm popping in quick to share with you another card I made in support for the country of Ukraine. I  continue to pray for peace.  I can only hope and pray that they stay strong and that peace comes to this country soon.  I'm entering this card over at Color Hues Challenge.

I decided to do another card with water color using my zig markers, but using another image.  The sunflower image is from Neat & Tangled. 




I started with a die cut panel using a die from MFT.  The sentiments and butterflies are from Mama Elephant.  They were embossed in gold.  The background was made using ink sprays.  Gold dots, heart to center of the flower and gold thread to finish the card.  

It seems winter has returned with temps in the 20's and very windy.  I'd rather stay in for the evening due to the weather, but we have plans to go to dinner for my husband's birthday.  We will return home to finish the evening with some yummy cherry cheese cake!

Hugs!








8 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card, and it's even more beautiful because of the reason you made it. Happy birthday to your DH and yes please to that cherry cheesecake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is vibrant and uplifting and so perfect Maria x. Love the addition of the little heart in the centre of that striking sunflower x. Hope you enjoyed the cherry cheese cake? x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card supporting Ukraine and lovely water coloring. We have the same weather and I'm so tired of it. Happy birthday to hubby and have a wonderful evening. It has to be great with ending it with cherry cheese cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous and thoughtful card, Maria. Lovely colouring and I love the speckled background. Happy birthday to Hubby and I hope you enjoy your yummy sounding dessert!
    Take care,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us with creating cards for Ukraine over at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright and beautiful. The gold was a great addition. Another wonderful tribute to Ukraine.
    Happy birthday to your hubby… I bet the cheesecake was the perfect end to the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully artistic card, Maria! This horrible war is so disgusting! Can't imagine what the Ukrainians are going through & it breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria what a beautiful card you created! Your colourin is divine. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete