Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Happy Birthday!


Hi, Friends!

How's everything in your part of the world?  We enjoyed a nice sunny day yesterday without winter coats on.  We did some shopping and finished it off with some ice cream.  It was a great day to get out and enjoy the great weather.  But, today it's back to winter coats once again.  I think yesterday was the best weather for the week, so I'm glad that we were able to get out and enjoy it!

I have a few cards to share with you today.  I know for the first card that the birthday card was received.  The last two cards I'm sure were received, also.  I've done Easter cards, too, but will share those later.  



The flowers are from Altenew and the sentiment is from PTI.  The background panel was die cut using a die from MFT.  The flowers were colored with copics.

Next up, this card was made for a friend who recently treated me to lunch.  





The stamp image is from Ink Blot Shop, which is a new place to shop for me.  The stamp set is called Little Sweeties.  And, yes, the girl images are so sweet!  The scalloped frame is from Paper Sweeties and the sentiment is from PTI.  The image was colored with copics.


I'm entering this card over at the NBUS Challenge.  





I went back to water coloring for this card that was sent to a friend.  The image is from Mama Elephant and the sentiment is from SU.  Ink sprays, yellow ribbon, and gold dots to finish the card.  


In light of what is happening in the world, especially for the people in Ukraine, I continue to pray for peace and strength.  I came across some kindness quotes.  I just thought I'd share them with you today.  And, I add that I so appreciate all my friends here that visit my blog and give me support for my creations.  It is truly a blessing that we have our crafting community to bring us happiness!  Thank you for your kindness!  


  1. Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” – Barbara De Angelis
  2. What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  3. You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” – Pubilius Syrus
  4. Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.” – Eric Hoffer
  5. Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Take care and have a wonderful day, hugs!!








10 comments:

  1. Your cards are all wonderful, and I especially love those colored flowers on the first card! Your kindness quotes are meaningful in this world we live in today and I think it's much easier to be kind than to be hateful, so that's what I practice as much as possible! have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue flowers are so pretty and I love that girl and her sweet flower. How nice your friend took you to lunch. The yellow card just says spring is here with that lovely water coloring. Thanks for sharing those wonderful quotes. I wish number three was taken to heart before this all started and that the last one was used in their thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your adorable (and NBUS) card with us this month

    Kathyk
    NBUS Guest DT member for March

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness--your Copic coloring is just gorgeous, Maria! I know everyone loves getting your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful cards, gorgeous colouring Maria.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely cards, Maria, and wonderful words of kindness. I love our online friendship and this community too - because of people like YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you managed to get out in the lovely weather whilst it lasted. What beautiful and creative cards. Thank you for sharing the kindness quotes Maria x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant way to start my day, Maria. I love your kindness quotes, especially "we are made kind by being kind." So simple, so true! Thank you for the wonderful triple treat with these gorgeous card designs. I love them all and will be checking out the Ink Blot Shop. (Oh, no, cries my wallet!) And thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Soon you can put those winter coats away until the fall (I hope!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards and beautiful words... Hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Winter will soon disappear and more days like that to look forward to!
    A trio of wonderful cards. The floral cards are so pretty and that angel thank you card is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete