Monday, June 5, 2023

Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday!


Hi, there!

It's been a little while since I've been here on my blog.  Life has been busy with visiting a sick family member.  We did manage to get some fun time away, though, for a break in the action by going camping with my sister and her husband for a few days last week.  It was perfect weather right near Lake Erie.  We had lots of fun bike riding, playing corn hole, and cooking delicious meals over the fire.  I have a few photos and just tried downloading them from my phone, but now I can't access them on my computer.  Ah, technology...isn't what I'm good at, so I'll have to ask my son for help.

Anyways, the above card is for my friend's anniversary.  I used this same image for my MIL for Mother's Day if you remember seeing the image.  It's a wonderful set from Avery Elle.  I really enjoyed coloring the flowers with copics.

Next up, a card for my great nephew who is turning sixteen soon.  I thought you can't go wrong with balloons and cake.  The image is from Sunny Studio.  The frame is from MFT.  I probably should have placed the candles different, but I already had the 6 candle glued down and didn't want the one candle to hide the candles at the top, oh well...live and learn, lol!



Well, that's all for now.  I hope you are having wonderful weather where you are.  It is a perfect day here in the 70's with the sun shining.  We certainly could use some rain.  I don't think we will have rain until possibly this Sunday.  We watered the flowers on Friday and I'm sure we will be watering again soon.

Take care and thanks so much for dropping by today!

Hugs!








7 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Maria, your coloring on the first one is super and the card for those difficult male teenagers is spot on. I am sure both cards will be well received. Weather grey here today and cooler. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fun for both occasions and That blue cardstock looks more like fabric - how cool is that! So glad you're enjoying life and the outdoors in spite of not having rain. It's the same here, beautiful weather but no rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are wonderful! I love the flowers and design on the first card and the second one is both fun and creative! I know your nephew will love it. Sounds like you're havig a great start to summer fun. Camping is always fun too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful and very lovely cards Maria, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your sick family member is doing better now Maria. I also love that you got to go camping! I miss camping so much. The food is so much better on an open fire, right?! Love your anniversary card, this image will come in handy a lot I think. I also love your coloring of the flowers. The shaker card is so fun and festive, just what a 16 year old needs, fun and festive! I love how you did the candles, I think this teen will love this card! We desperately need rain too in my area. Hoping we get at least an inch come Monday. Hope you get some well needed rain as well! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards and a camping trip - life is good. I love your Copic coloring and the bouquet is gorgeous. That 16th birthday card is wonderful for a guy with bright colors and a fun design. I'm glad you were able to get away and had great weather. This time of year anything goes. We are finally getting much needed rain today so I'll send some your way. That's what friends are for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, like the floral anniversary card with your lovely coloring and great card for your nephew! Glad you had a little get away and hope your family member is doing better. Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete