Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Anniversary and Birthday...


Hello Friends!

Just popping in quick to share with you a card and a few photos from my son's birthday celebration.  First up, the above card was made for my sister, Christina and her husband, Paul.  They will be celebrating their 25th anniversary next month.  They have made plans to go to St. Thomas.  Sounds like fun to me!  I hope they have a wonderful time!  

For the card,  I started with a white card base and paired it with an embossed panel from SU.  The heart die is from Trinity Stamps.  The sentiment is from Jillian Vance.  The number dies are from TE.  Gems and a tiny bow to finish the card.

Next up are a few photos of our son's birthday celebration.  He lives near Columbus, so we went down and spent the weekend.  His birthday was on Friday and we met with him and a couple co-workers at their favorite Mexican restaurant that they go to every Friday night.  The food was delicious and we had lots of fun.  

My hubby took the photo and the waiter
put a cowboy hat on Jeremy.  We didn't think anything
was going to happen...



All of a sudden the waiter asks me to move
out of the way for minute and he smears the whip
cream dessert all over his face.  His co-worker, Dustin,
told the waiter ahead of time to do it.  I'm thinking
what is happening?!  

But, Jeremy was a good sport and everyone
had a good laugh!  Happy Birthday, Jeremy!


Ok, I have worked ahead of time and have more cards to share, but I have to do things in moderation for I overdid it while making cards and crocheting.  I think I have ulnar nerve impingement.  I bought a brace and am doing better.  I guess I'm not a spring chicken anymore and my new Medicare card reminds of it, lol!  Anyways, thanks so much for dropping by today!  Take care and have a great week!

Hugs!







8 comments:

  1. That's a great anniversary card with the red and white and your sister will love it - I'm sure she'll love it more than your son enjoyed the face splat for his birthday! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card for your sister and her husband...Congratulations to them..and Happy Birthday to your son...good job he was a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a terrific anniversary card and I love that heart die. Congratulations to them. I laughed out loud when that second picture of Jeremy with whipped cream on his face came up. What a surprise that must have been! I hope the brace takes care of that for you. Welcome to getting a bit older!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lurve your card, with the beautiful heart and embossing, I'm sure the couple will love it. As for your son's party, what fun a day to remember for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty 25th / silver anniversary card. The birthday dinner looked fun. Happy anniversary to your sister and happy birthday to your son. 🎉🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your anniversary card for your sister and her hubby, that heart die is gorgeous! I also love how you customized it to their 25th year anniversary. Love the embossing! How fun to go to St. Thomas! I've never left the states, LOL.

    OMGosh, I love the photo of everyone at your son's birthday celebration! He looks great in a cowboy hat. But oh my, I wasn't expecting the whipped cream in the face thing! LOL I thought he was going to have to cowboy up on a "pretend" horse. LOL I guess you were surprised as much as your son was. He looked like he was a great sport and it looks like everyone had a great time! Glad you got to spend time with him for his birthday.

    It doesn't take much to over do it at our age as frustrating as that is! I sure hope you are back up to par very soon and so happy that the brace is helping. Nerves are painful things aren't they?! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic anniversary card, very inspiring as I have trouble with these. Great pictures, especially the whipped cream one, I got my morning laugh in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the brace works & you don't have to deal with so much pain. The card is beautiful! Looks like a fun time celebrating with your son! I wouldn't think the face full of whip cream was funny, but Jeremy's coworker must have known he'd be a good sport!

    ReplyDelete