Friday, September 1, 2023

Camping and Halloween...


Hi, Friends!

Happy September 1st!  Where has the summer gone?!  It always flies by!  We just returned this past Tuesday from a mini camping vacation in SE Ohio (Hocking Hills).  It is a beautiful area and we had a great time camping with our son and his friend.  The above photo shows the hiking trail.  Thank goodness it was perfect weather and not too hot for I worked up a sweat on this trail.  It wasn't very long, but the steps and inclines were not easy for this old lady, lol!  I won't bore you with any more camping photos, but it is certainly a great place to visit.

Next up, I have a couple Halloween cards to share...


These cute images are from Sunny Studio.  They were colored with copics.  I used distress inks for the sky.  Those little cats are just too cute to spook in their Halloween outfits!

One more card...



Just one little kitty in this scene.  Maybe the other one went inside the haunted house?!  Halloween is just around the corner.  I don't make too many Halloween cards, but it's always fun to make a few to send out.  

I'm looking forward to fall when the air is cool and crisp.  I'm hoping the the leaf colors will be great this year for they always look so beautiful!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by today, take care!

Hugs!








8 comments:

  1. Aww, both Halloween cards are too cute to spook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your camping trip takes me back to when we camped years ago. Those were some of the best days of our lives. The Halloween cards are so cute with those great images and fun colors. Loving those purple clouds! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a wonderful - and beautiful - place to go camping. Brings back so many memories me for too. Nothing better than the stillness of nature.
    Your Halloween cards are precious and so much fun! Love the little cats all decked out in their costumes. Great looking clouds and perfect scenes.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer flew by...but then again this whole year has flown by! LOL As much as I'm ready for fall now, I'm still not quite ready to say good bye to summer. Your camping trip sounds wonderful!!! I so miss camping. I love the photo you shared, looks like a beautiful and fun place! Oh my, your Halloween cards are fabulous Maria! I love the scenes with the kitties, too cute and fun Halloween colors! I don't mail out many Halloween cards either, but you got to send a few! LOL Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you get to take trips with your son and his friend. This place looks perfect for camping and hiking. Cute Halloween cards and they are not scary. Even the bat is smiling! I'm looking forward to fall too. The fall colors are just stunning and Mother Nature really puts on a show for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to camp! Your Halloween cards are adorable with such great elements!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure most of us enjoy looking at your vacation getaways. It looks like you had fun in Turks and Caicos, too. Two fun Halloween cards. I have a Triplet update on my blog if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scenery on your camping trip! Like your Halloween cards and beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete