Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Thinking of you...




Hi, Friends!

I hope you all are doing well!  I've been working on a few cards. I made an easy embossed card as seen above.  I think the card spray went a little too much with the gold, but I wasn't going to trash it.  So, I decided to add another spray of distress oxide spray(wild honey).  Now that I'm looking at it, I think a stencil outline around the trees would have been great with the wild honey spray.  Ah, ideas that come too late, lol.  I'll just have to try with another card, right?   The images and sentiment are from MFT.  I'm always needing thinking of you cards for my stash.

Edit...




Ok, I decided since I had the stamps out that I'd make another quick card similar to the above card.  For this card, though, I made a stencil for the outline of the trees.  Gold spray was added, too, but just here and there by tapping the nozzle.  Ok, so which card is your favorite?  I think the second card is my favorite.

Well, not a whole lot else is going on right now.  My arm and fingers are doing better, but when I do too much I can feel it.  Thank you for those who have wished me well with it.  I continue to wear a brace on my arm.  It's really difficult to stay away from crafting.  I started crocheting a baby blanket, but had to stop with it.  The baby shower is next month.  I can always finish it at some point, but I don't think I'll get it done before then.  

The weather has turned cooler and rainy.  More rain is due tomorrow.  But, next week looks like warm weather again. We plan to camp with my sis and her husband in a couple weeks, so I hope we have nice weather.  I'm looking forward to it!

Ok, the cat just jumped up on my lap making typing difficult, lol. So, I'll end here for now.  Thanks so much for dropping by! Take care!

Hugs!







7 comments:

  1. I think your card is beautiful just like it is. Love the shine on the trees and all the splatter too! Beautiful
    Hope your arm/hand start feeling better soon.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to pick a favorite because they both are gorgeous in their own way. That gold spray gives the cards such elegance and shows us fall has arrived. Pace yourself so you don't strain your arm and fingers. I can tell if I'm on the computer too long or do the same thing for a long time because the pain comes back in my wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Maria, love the autumn sunshine it evokes. Good to hear your arm is slowly improving, just take not too much playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both cards, Maria but I thing the second one is my favourite. Love the autumn feel and the halos of yellow. Hope your arm feels better soon.
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are both pretty with the gold embossing and great sprays! I love those pretty little trees, they look great! Sorry you've had issues with your arm and hand but give yourself plenty of time to rest them and hopefully they'll feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving both of these cards Maria! Those trees are amazing and I really love them. Love all the colors you used as well. I don't know if I can pick a favorite as I love them both! It is hard to rest arm and hand issues when all you want to do it craft, crochet, etc...But you must! Just don't work on this stuff to long and give those arms/hands a rest. I hope they feel better soon! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you're having the nerve problem, Maria. Hoping it gets lots better soon. I loved the first card as soon as I saw it, but the 2nd one is really cool! Might like it slightly better. Hope you get to enjoy camping. We have a few days of bright sun, but boy is it chilly & freezing at night.

    ReplyDelete