Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Merry Christmas!


Hi, Friends!

It's another cold cloudy day!  We haven't seen the sun for many days for this month of November.  We are due for a little snow tomorrow.  But, we can't complain for we haven't had much snow yet this year.  It has gone north or east of us.  The weather will be much warmer in the 50's for the weekend.  We have a wedding to attend, but maybe hubby will put up the Christmas lights outside.  It has been backwards this year with my decorating for Christmas.  Usually I put the tree up first, but I have the house decorated and the tree isn't up yet.  Hubby plans to set the tree up tonight and I will decorate tonight and tomorrow. I love sitting in the dark with a lit Christmas tree.  It really sets the mood for Christmas!  Please keep that warm thought in mind while you view my card for my son!:-)

I've been working on Christmas cards and had this stamp set from last year, which I didn't use yet.  There are so many wonderful stamp sets to [play with and there is never enough time to use them all!  Anyways, this stamp set I bought with my son in mind.  He has a good sense of humor and always buys us snarky cards, so I thought he deserved one in return, ha!  I'm entering this card over at Simon Says.  

And, here is my card...



For my card, I started with a white card base and paired it with a stenciled panel.  The stencil is from MFT.  The distress inks that I used are Broken China and Seedless Preserves.  The deer and sentiment are from Lil' Inker.  The trees are from Mama Elephant.  Wink of Stella was applied for interest.  And, twine to finish the card.

Here is the inside of the card...








Now I feel a bit guilty making this card for my son.  You think I need to make him a nice one?  Ok, I just might, ha!

 Well, I plan to make some gift certificate holders before doing a few other things today.  Thanks so much for dropping by!  Take care!

     Hugs!





7 comments:

  1. Oh what a darling card, Maria! The trees and deers are so cute that I checked which products were used! Love how you used stencil as background. Gorgeous design :)
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, adorable card, Maria. I don't think you need to make another for him! lol My tree has been up for 5 days and finally decorated it last night. Then I hurt my back.
    Still need to decorate the rest of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that card is so PERFECT! LOVE those naughty reindeer and the sentiment! Wish I had that for my son! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it and I’m sure he will too! Love the expressions on the deer! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! Great way to combine products from various companies! Good for you already decorating your house. My goal is this weekend--we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me laugh out loud with this, Maria! Such a cute woodland scene, and then a snarky sentiment for a surprise. I think he will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha!! What a fun card and so cleverly done... I bet he will laugh! I can't believe it's December already!

    ReplyDelete