Friday, January 25, 2019

A new fur baby!



Hi, Friends!

I hope you all are staying warm!  It is quite cold here with temps in the teens.  And, to think it is going to be much colder next week below zero....brrrr!

Anyways, as you can see above we have a new family member, Sheila!  She is a rescue from the Humane Society.  She joined our family a couple days ago.  She settled in and is doing well.  I did housework today and she followed me everywhere, lol!  I'm sure she will soon find out that housework is very boring.  But, just being around me I'm sure gives her a lot of comfort.  We went from having a big German Shepherd to this little one.  We do miss Shadow our German Shepherd.


Our new dog is a chihuahua/jack russell terrier mix.  My husband told me that he doesn't want to get another German Shepherd until he retires.  I had a cocker spaniel ten years ago, which was my dog.  I was ready for a smaller dog again.  All you pet lovers out there know that dogs can be a lot of work, but they certainly can bring a lot of joy!

Ok, well, I do have a card to share today.  I've been working on some Valentine cards.  I made three of these to send out to a few ladies that I visit from my church...


I started with a red card base.  The cardinal from Newton's Nook was colored with copics.  The hearts and sentiment is from MFT.  The oval die cut is from Lil' Inker.  Glitter washi tape and gems  to finish the card.  Ok, that's all for now.  Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by today!  Take care and stay warm!

Hugs,







6 comments:

  1. How wonderful you have a new addition to the family! Shelia is adorable! How old is she? Beautiful card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shadow was a beautiful dog and looks so sweet. I know you will love your new addition as much. Dogs are wonderful companions and do bring so much love and joy. Your card is so pretty. I love how you added the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all that red! Really pretty cards. Nice to see your dog photos too. Hope the new one is settling in nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Sheila for picking you guys! She looks like such a sweetie! Do you know about how old she is? Glad to hear she's adjusting well. The love always outweighs the work! Never thought to use a cardinal on a Valentine, but it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sheila, what a cutie!!! I know understand what you mean there, dog is the best kind of people! I thought of having a big dog too, but after last weekend where I had to go to Iowa in a very short notice and couldn't find anyone to take care of Papi, I decided few hours before the flight, to take him along, boy, I am so glad that he is a small dog that is able to fit into the flight carrier.
    Gorgeous card with gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! A new sweet baby! Congrats on Sheila's arrival! She looks so sweet. And what a fabulous card!! I adore this!

    ReplyDelete