Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Crochet Projects...



Hi, Friends!

Today I'd like to share with you a few crochet projects that I have created recently.  The above photo shows an afghan that I made for my friend's daughter who is due in April.  They don't want to know the sex of the baby until he/she is born.  So, I went with a light creamy yellow color for the afghan using the shell stitch pattern.  It is so soft and comfy!  I hope she and baby like it!

Next up...

I made a purse, but I'm not really happy with it.  The last purse that I made used macrame cord and it was very difficult to work with.  I went with a different yarn, which was easy to work with, but it didn't make for a sturdy purse.  I even crocheted a panel for the inside to give it strength.  Oh, well, it's a learning process for me.


I didn't attach the handle to the purse yet.  I need to buy some D rings.  I wasn't going to finish the purse, but I figure I need to try and learn as I go.  I did buy more macrame yarn, but not the cord type.  I think I will try again to make another purse.  Practice makes perfect, right?! 

If you remember, here is the first purse that I made a few months ago...



My last project to share are wash cloths.  I have made tons of these and they are so quick and easy to do.  




Ok, that's all for now.  Thanks so much for dropping by today.  Take care and have a wonderful day!

Hugs!







6 comments:

  1. Your crochet projects are wonderful! I really do miss being able to crochet like I once did. Great work on each item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creations...you have been busy. I love the creamy Afghan blanket which I am sure will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Marie, what absolutely gorgeous creations, all useful too. Even the softer one, I'm sure will come in handy for something. Crochet I am definitely a learner, except for Granny Squares hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these projects are wonderful! I know that afghan is so soft and cuddly. You're so talented!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are really beautiful. I love the purse in two colors and the baby afghan. It even looks soft in the picture and I'm sure it will be a big hit. The wash cloths are so pretty in those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Maria, these are all beautiful! That baby blanket is gorgeous-who wouldn't love getting that for their baby?!! Your purses are so pretty too, you will get the hang of what you like working with I'm sure. Yes, practice makes perfect. Love the dish rags, something I've wanted to try crocheting but have yet to do so. Keeping up the lovely work! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete