Wednesday, March 6, 2024

St. Patrick's Day and Painting...





Hello, Friends!

It's been awhile since I've posted anything on my blog.  We have been busy around here with doing some home remodeling.  We painted the fireplace a light cream color.  I want to paint the walls, but my son and husband don't think it's a good idea.  They want to tear down the paneling and put up dry wall.  In the mean time until things actually do happen I'd like to paint, but we'll see what happens.  New carpet comes some time soon.  It has been ordered for the bedrooms.  Our dryer isn't working quite right and the washer is old, too, so a new washer and dryer are coming tomorrow.  We had to rearrange things in the laundry room for it is a storage room, also.  

For my St. Pat's day card that I made for my friend, Nancy, I used Sunny Studio and Lawn Fawn dies.  The images were colored with copics.

Last week I was very busy at a craft retreat with some friends.  I made a lot of Easter cards.  Last Friday I went to an acrylic painting class and Saturday I went to another crop.  My hubby was beginning to think when will I be staying home, lol!  Anyways, I had tons of fun at the crops and at the painting class.

Here is my painting...



I'm not sure I got the windows quite right and I could have done better with the shading on the pots, but overall I think I didn't do too bad for my first painting class.  I already have ideas to paint a few things for Christmas.

Ok, that's all for now.  I'll post some Easter cards later.  And, I'll be making my way over to your blogs to see what you've been creating.  Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by today!  Take care!

Hugs!








6 comments:

  1. What a cute St. Patrick's day card with that cute gnome and fun mushrooms. Your painting is a wonderful result of your first try, and I'd encourage you to keep at it. Good luck with all those remodeling projects that take up so much time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy gal! It's a big job to remodel and change things around. I love the gnomies in that cute card and the bright frame. You made a fantastic painting! It looks so realistic and the shading looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is excellent and if this was from your first class, I am really very impressed. Hope we see more. Love the green frame on your card and the gnomes are very cute. Good luck with your home improvements and thanks for your recent visits to me and your kind comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my you have been busy, Maria and I hope you'll be happy with the house once everything is ship shape.
    i love your St Patrick's Day card, particularly the cute caterpillar, and your painting has wowed me - if that is after one class you are going to be a star pupil!
    Hope you are keeping well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness you're a busy gal, Maria! I know you'll enjoy the results of the remodeling and stay strong if you want to paint the walls! I was amazed the difference it made in a room we're constantly in. Your card is darling and your painting is amazing! I have no inclination to paint, but so admire those who do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun gnome St. Paddy’s day card. Your painting — AH-mazing!

    ReplyDelete