Saturday, August 17, 2024

Happy Birthday!



Hi, Friends!

How are you doing on this fine Saturday afternoon?  We just returned home from the movie, Twisters.  My sis and son that it was a great movie, so we decided to see it today.  I used to have nightmares about tornadoes when I was younger.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have one tonight, lol!  It was great getting out and stopping for a bite to eat before coming back home to some rain.  We need more rain for our lawn is truly showing the lack of rain.  We've been trying our best to keep up with watering the plants and flowers.  I've lost a couple of hostas this year, but the geraniums are doing very well, so pretty!

The above card is for a friend who has a birthday next month.  A lot of birthdays next month and anniversaries, too.  Anyways, for this card I used a stamp/die set from Newton's Nook.  The fence die is from MFT.  Wink of Stella, gems, and a bow to finish the card.  I'm entering this card over at Seize The Birthday Challenge.





Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by today!  I hope you are having wonderful weekend, take care!

Hugs!








9 comments:

  1. Fabulous. Looks like a beautiful summer day on a card.
    I don’t remember the last time I went to the movies…streaming movies at home is more appealing to me. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card Maria. I love your stencilled clouds and the little picket fence just finishes it off! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely scene with such a beautiful blue sky. We have lots of tornado warnings here so I'm not sure this would be a good movie for me to watch. Then I would be afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card really conjures up a lovely summers day. Your sky is amazing and the little picket fence works so well with those flowers and insects. I love it. We have a lack of rain where I live too. My summer flowers are really suffering. I don't have a lawn so at least I don't have to worry about the grass, just everything else! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blue skies are looking great with the white clouds, pretty blooms and butterflies. A great summery birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card for your friend, beautiful scene and the sky is extra fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card with those lovely flowers and cute butterflies and bee. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sky and lovely card. Not sure I could watch that movie...as it is too much real life. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sky is amazing, Maria! Such a sweet card that I know your friend will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete