Saturday, March 30, 2019

Easter...


Hi, Friends

I'm back again with more Easter cards to share.  I've made about twenty cards this year to send to family and friends.  It's a good thing I had these made up ahead of time because I've had bad news lately regarding several of my friends.  And, when you have a heavy heart, some times you don't feel like creating.  Ann and Erica recently had husbands who passed away quite suddenly.  And, my friend, Cheryl, called me Thursday to tell me that she has cancer.  My heart is very heavy at this time.  I know God has a plan and has control of all things, but you and I know it is so difficult at times.  So, friends, if you would please keep these dear sweet ladies in your prayers, I would appreciate it....thank you!

Ok, first up is my card using a technique that is new to me.  I saw it on Rachel's blog here...Rachel Alvarado(The Unpampered Stamper).   She described how to do the "tunneling" effect.  It gives great depth for your project.  Once again, I used the Sunny Studio stamp set(Easter Wishes) for my cards.  I used distress ink for the sky and colored the images with copics.  A ribbon to finish the card.



Next up,  is my card using the negative of a MFT die from the set Blueprints 19.  Distress inks were applied with a brush for the sky and grass.  Copics were used for the images.  And, just for interest a border with distress inks around the edges. 


And, for my final card using the same stamp set, I embossed a section of the card and applied gems.  A very simple card, but just something different.  The sentiment is hidden behind the fold. 


A view of the inside of the card...


Well, that's all for now until Monday when I reveal my April planner pages for Paper Sweeties.  Please take good care, my friends, and have a wonderful weekend! 

Hugs!!










3 comments:

  1. 20 Cards! I am in awe! So sorry to hear about the struggles your friends are having and will keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made close to that many Easter cards! You're going to make a lot of people happy with your beautiful work, Maria! Love all of these, but the last one especially appeals to me with the unique design including dry embossing! Hard to get so much sad news & you're right--often hard to be creative when your heart is breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these cards, Maria! Such a sweet stamp set, and I love all the different ways you've used it! Beautiful framework on the first two, and I adore the embossed design on the last, too.
    So, so sorry to hear your sad news! Yes, things can be overwhelming at times. Wishing you are your lovely friends sunny days ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete