Sunday, September 8, 2019

Happy Birthday!

Hi, Friends!

I hope you are doing well on this fine Sunday afternoon!  I just returned from the grocery store, which is one of my least favorite things to do.  But, one does have to eat,  lol!  So, now it's time to relax and have some craft time...yeah!  Anyways, I'd like to share with you a birthday card that I made for my niece, Chelsea.  I'm entering this card over at Simon Says.



For my card, I started with a cream colored base and paired it with yellow.  The next panel was made using distress inks and the "smoosh" technique on photo paper.  All stamps and dies are from Paper Sweeties.  The sunflowers are from the set Thankful.  The sentiments are from the set Best Ever.  And, the frame is from the set Oval Scallop Frames.  The images were colored with copics.  Gold Nuvo drops were added to the scalloped oval frame and flowers.  Twine to finish the card.  Thanks so much for dropping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful week!

Project Supplies:




Thanks so much for dropping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs!







7 comments:

  1. What a sunny, happy card this is, Maria. I love the sunflowers and those cheery colors. She will love this card and happy birthday to your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your birthday card! The sunflowers are gorgeous and so is the background. Your niece will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background & love those flowers, Maria! I know your niece will treasure this from her sweet auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy and vibrant card, which I am sure she will cherish x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I love about this card is the warm colors you achieved by the ink smooshing! The flowers and bits of gold add such a wonderful festive feel and that tiny bow ties it all up perfectly for your niece's birthday card. BTW, I'm not fond of grocery shopping anymore either. In the future I might try one of those home delivery services to avoid that dreaded chore! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunshine-filled card, Maria! I love the gold centers that just add to the warmth of those bright, beautiful colors! Grocery shopping is one of my least favorite things too, so is cooking - my poor family. Thankfully, my husband enjoys doing both.

    ReplyDelete