Saturday, October 12, 2019

Craft Retreat!



Hi, Friends!

*Note*....long post...full of crafting fun!

I apologize for my lack of blogging lately, but I had a very good reason...craft retreat!!   The above photo shows my crafting friends...Crafty Stampers!!  Brenda,Inkspired to Stamp and her sister-in-law, Sharon, who organized the retreat!  It was a lovely charming house out in the country in Nashville, Indiana.  The weather was perfect with temps in the 70's this past week.  And, such wonderful scenery with the leaves beginning to change.    A perfect spot to get away from it all to enjoy crafting with wonderful craft friends!

From left to right in the above photo is...Colleen, One Smile Lifts a Spirit, Linda, Lin's Craft Corner, Brenda, Inkspired to Stamp, Sharon(Brenda's sister-in-law), Darnell Darnell djkardkreations.com, Kara Bright Hope Creations, and Greta GG Creations.  We were enjoying cocktail hour.  Yummy snacks and drinks!



We went into town on Monday and Thursday for shopping and a delicious lunch.  On Monday, two more craft friends who know Greta joined us.  Kathy is at the end of the table and Linda is seated next to Greta.  They enjoyed shopping with us in the craft stores, too!  Ummm...where is Darnell?  I think she is hiding, lol!  She is seated to the left of me.  What a great joy it was shopping in the craft stores and other beautiful quaint shops!  I had three favorite craft stores near my home and...poof  they are gone...miss them!

Brenda showing us a technique.  Darnell and Linda are
 observing before they try their card.
  Watch out...I see Darnell with the gun(heat gun)...lol!


A card I made using the Faux Patina technique demonstrated by Brenda. 
 The leaves(MFT) were die cut and embossed in gold.

Another technique by Brenda called Tarnished Foil.  I just have the panel done, but here it is...



Darnell demonstrated the color burst powders.  I can't remember the name of
the powders, but it made a lovely shiny background.  The images and sentiments 
are from Lawn Fawn.  The images were colored with copics.


Zig marker demonstration with Darnell for this card.


A water color technique with Darnell using a napkin 
and a stitched leaf die(large yellow leaf).  I don't remember 
the large leaf die.  The other leaf dies are from IO.  The plaid paper is from
Echo Park.  And, the lovely copper background paper is from Greta.


A technique demonstrated by Colleen with copics and glitter paste.  I can't remember
the snowflake die.  And, the sentiment is from AlteNew.  I have more cards to show,
but I'm not finished with them yet.  Kara demonstrated a Lawn Fawn flip card that
I've been wanting to learn...so cute and fun!!  And, Kara showed many of us her fabulous
copic coloring skills!  So many tips shared with each other!


Greta and me


Colleen and Linda


Darnell and Linda


Colleen, Brenda, Sharon, Kara

Look at those fabulous craft aprons!  Sharon made them for
each one of us.  She embroidered Crafty Stamper with each
of our names underneath...love it!!


Kara, Darnell, Linda

More fun with Darnell asking us what we would like for dessert!  I knew
she was a character, but I got to see it in person!  We had tons of fun!


We spent the last evening sharing and thanking Sharon and Brenda
for their wonderful generosity and hospitality!  Darnell had a beautiful card and
each of us wrote a note inside.  Wonderful crafty memories!

Thank you Crafty Stampers, my sweet friends!!!

Hugs!








9 comments:

  1. So wonderful to meet you in person, my sweet friend! Loved watching you work & make cards with the pieces we made. Thanks for the coloring tips--will try to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maria thanks so much for sharing these photos... I'm so glad you had fun (and made some gorgeous creations). We don't have any craft stores here at all! Mind you it's probably a good thing I have far too much stuff anyway! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful write-up of our fun and creative time together, Maria! It was a pleasure to meet you in person!! You were productive and made gorgeous cards from our projects! And I see that you are a stealth photographer, lol! Can you email me the patio and sticky bun photos? Enjoy your Sunday! (I'm flying today.) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have crafty friends to meet up with! You made a lovely group of cards also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so fortunate to have been to this craft retreat! With all those gorgeous cards, great friends and having those fabulous aprons custom made for each of you, it must have been wonderful! Thanks for sharing the great photos of such a fun get-together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was such a delight to have you with us and enjoy your company and see your talent. I never saw you take a picture so this is a perfect recap of our retreat. You made such beautiful cards and I'm so happy we got to meet in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria, this is awesome! The pictures show exactly what we did and the beautiful scenery surrounding this home! I so loved meeting you in person and hearing your stories, the favorite part of a retreat, now I feel we are truly friends, not just cyber acquaintances! so glad you came! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. this sounds amazing and fabulous fun pictures and I loved seeing pictures of everyone as I visit blogs, now can put a face to it...trying to think how far Nashville TN is from Michigan, I usually hang out in Amish territory in Shipshewanna...they have 2 paper craft stores, you should all think of going there next year...it's fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh what a Fantastic time it looks like you all had! Lucky girls! So many wonderful techniques shared!

    ReplyDelete