Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Happy Birthday!


Hi, there!

I've been crafting away today in my craft room on this chilly windy October day.  I had a panel that was already stamped with beautiful flowers from Waffle Flower.  It is another card that I started at the Craft Retreat that I was at a couple weeks ago.  Colleen (One Smile Lifts a Spirit) showed us tips on blending.  I do love pink and didn't have one of the pinks, Tattered Rose.  When we shopped at one of the craft stores, I bought the ink. We had a wonderful time shopping!  I'm entering this card over at A Perfect Time to Craft.

The most difficult part of the card was measuring exactly where I wanted each ink.  The inks that I used are Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, and Picked Raspberry.  I was going to keep it CAS.  Well, it's CAS for me...lol!  The ink splatters looked blotchy in some areas, so I decided to add Nuvo glitter accents(Fresh Snowfall), which was another suggestion from Colleen...thank you!  I'm sure I'll be using the glitter accents on my winter cards!


The birthday sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.  I added sequins and ribbon to finish the card.  I plan to send this card to my niece.

Ok, well that's all for today, friends.  I hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday!  Thanks so much for dropping by!

Hugs!








10 comments:

  1. Those shaded and blended inks look so wonderful together and I love the black stamped floral image to go with them! It's a great design with the ribbon separating the panels too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. The pinks on the background look fabulous and how pretty is that stamped floral image over it. Such a striking card x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Maria. This is so lovely and I have that panel sitting right on my desk that I got out yesterday to make! I just finished doing Colleen's Nuvo paste card! I love the colors you used and the ribbon tied it all together. Beautiful! We had wind all day yesterday and even more today, so look out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS is one of my Favorite cards EVER! LOVE the Nuvo drops, the blending, the colors, the splatter, and just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, this is so beautiful. I just now had a chance to look at your post on the retreat and it took me right back to Nashville. It was so fun and I am so glad I got to meet you. You really accomplished a lot during the retreat. So many awesome cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is beautiful Maia!! I love the colours and the beautiful flowers stamped right over... So eye-catching! The splatters are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your minimalist take to this card, the pop of colour is so impactful and what perfect splatters. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Lina DT for A Perfect Time To Craft Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stylish design, Maria and your ink blending is gorgeous. The black ribbon is a perfect finishing touch.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a beauty, Maria! Love your ink blending & the addition of the ribbon--perfect! Would you believe--I just made my panel from the retreat into a card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GORGEOUS!! I love the blended colors and the pretty speckles. Clean and simple is hard for me too but I think this card ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete